Sunday, February 1, 2015

The First Date

My Story, Part 2

Even though I told Dillon I was going to bed, we continued to stay up chatting for at least an hour. I finally was like "Seriously dude. NEED SLEEP." I put my phone on silent and passed out. I woke up to him having sent a few more after I put it on silent, but didn't text him back right away. At the time, he had every Monday off and it was Monday (why I remember little details like this, I'll never know).

I went to work, got some coffee, and prepared for my 10 hour work day. You see, when you're in the banking business, it doesn't matter that the normal workday is 8 hours. You have to make sure there is staff for all the long hours. I got stuck with a full day's shift on that Monday and I was exhausted. I texted him on my lunch break to ask how his day off was going, and we chatted all throughout the hour. For once in a LONG time, I went back to work anxious about a text from a guy!

One good thing about my crazy work hours is that a majority of his workdays also ended at 7. So both of us were up pretty late most nights due to not needing to be at work early. That first Monday, he and I spent the time text messaging back and forth until about 9, when he asked if he could call me. I think we talked until 10:30 or 11. Then our text messaging was much more sporadic on Tuesday since he was working, and he finally asked me out on a date. We didn't waste any time and planned it for the next day, Wednesday August 1. I warned him that I would most likely not dress up because I had another 10 hour work day that day, and I don't really wear makeup to work.

I didn't tell anyone I had a date because at the time, I didn't think anything would come of it. I really wasn't interested in a boyfriend or dating, but he was sweet so I decided to go ahead with the date. Little did I know that would spark a longing companionship, as long as it was from him.

We wentto Olive Garden a couple miles from my house. I'm not the biggest fan of Olive Garden; I personally think there are other Italian restaurants that are better. But he even came and picked me up from my house! I was low on money so I just had water and found something cheap to order for dinner. We were at the restaurant for almost 2 hours when we realized that the restaurant was closing and we should probably head out. It was August in Oklahoma, so it was really hot outside. I had worn jean shorts, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes, and my hair was up in a ponytail. Wife material, let me tell ya!

We drove back to my place, but I told him he was not allowed in my apartment (it was a MESS). So we sat in the parking lot in his vehicle with the windows rolled down. It was so hot and about an hour after we got there, he walked me to my door--I just couldn't handle the heat anymore. We hugged good night, and I locked the door behind him. He texted me when he got home, per my request, and I asked why he didn't even try to kiss me. His response was because of something I had said in passing at dinner...apparently I said something about not kissing on a first date. So then I promptly found (Kissed You) Good Night by Gloriana on YouTube and sent him a link. No he did not come back and kiss me, but it let him know how I felt. I ended the texting there because I was SUPER exhausted from the late nights.

I will continue this story...I don't know that I will continue to go into as much detail, as our relationship did span almost two years, but I will definitely try to paint the whole picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥