Monday, May 14, 2012

4 for 12

Welcome to the April restaurant of the month!! I went to this local eatery VERY late in the month...you see, we went to The Black Keys concert on Saturday, April 28, and I still had not gone to a local restaurant yet. Luckily, my girls and I had decided to go to a place downtown that I had never been to before. It's a little place called Caz's Chowhouse, and there is also a bar across the street called Caz's Public House.

Unfortunately, there were a couple shows going on that night, so they didn't have the full menu to choose from. I did, however, get something VERY yummy from the small menu that was available.
Pulled pork sliders, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes
Typically, the pulled pork sliders come with cole slaw on them. However, I don't like cole slaw at all, so I asked for them without it on there. Other than the fact that our waitress was SUPER slow and our food was cold by the time it got to us, it was actually pretty good.

The bread on the sandwich was REALLY good...slightly sweet and complimented the tangy barbecue sauce  of the pulled pork.I wolfed down all four very quickly, and would LOVE to eat them again. Seriously, SUCH GOOD SLIDERS. The mashed potatoes were pretty good too, I love a good red mashed potato. The Mac and cheese was big shells, and the cheese was just creamy enough, and they topped it off with bread crumbs.

I truly think I want to go to this place again on a different night when there aren't two or three different shows in town...maybe. I would definitely like to try my food when it's hot.

Another recommendation, DEFINITELY DO NOT try the margaritas. All they do is mix tequila with sweet and sour, no lime, no margarita mix. It was not good at all.

Meh. Hopefully May's will be better. And no, I haven't gone, and no, I have no idea where it's going to be either.

Would I go back? Maybe. Not anytime soon though. Caz's is tainted by the cold food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥