Friday, May 4, 2012

Adventures in Cooking, part 3

As I started living at my place longer and started craving certain foods, I decided I wanted to explore quite a bit more. I actually found quite a bit of inspiration on pinterest, but I wasn't exactly sure where to start. So instead of trying everything at once, I just tried something very simple (without pinterest), and then traded up to trying something from my pinterest board.

First up, Yummy Tomato Soup in a Bread Bowl:
Not going to lie, I kind of cheated on this one. We had one of our few cold days this winter, and I was having some allergy issues. All I wanted was the comfort of some warm soup and I absolutely love soup in a bread bowl. However, this tomato soup is TOTALLY Campbell's (they make the best), and the bread bowl is definitely not home made either. I went to our local grocery store, and went to the back of the store to the bakery, where they had sourdough loaves on sale. I took a loaf home, toasted the entire loaf in my toaster oven, and then carved out the inside of it. Once the soup was heated, I poured it into the well of the bread bowl I had created. It hit the spot, and was exactly what I was craving that night.


Next Up, my very first Pinterest recipe, Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken!:
How I ate it for the first meal, on a sandwich with some Italian blend cheese toasted on the buns.
I first pinned this recipe probably within the first couple of weeks of having my pinterest board, and knew that this was definitely something I wanted to try ASAP. If you follow the pin, you will find this recipe on this blog. It's a super easy recipe and so. dang. tasty. I've had it 3 times since the initial time I made it. It is that good.

Ingredients
-1  3 lb. bag of frozen chicken tenderloins
-1 bottle of Frank's Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce
-1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix.

Method
Put all ingredients into a crock pot. (Chicken goes in frozen.)
Cover the ingredients and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Pull out each chicken piece and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to the crock pot. ad 1-2 TBSP of butter to the crock pot.
Heat on low for another 1-2 hours.

After that, it's ready to eat!
I had it on a sandwich the first time I had it, but it's GREAT as a soft taco with some shredded cheese and sour cream to top it off. It is such an easy recipe too! I gave the recipe to my grandma to cook at her house, and it was a hit there too. Definitely try this one out!

1 comment:

  1. oh my.... seeing this is not helping my calorie counting diet!!

    xoxo, Amy
    www.amyisthinking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥