Wednesday, December 21, 2011

random at its finest

I've been slacking. Not just in the blogosphere, but in life in general. I waited too late to buy the present for the cousin that I drew, and ended up spending almost double to have it shipped express. I waited until last night to finish my last homemade gift. I haven't bought any other gifts for people. Partly because I never realized how difficult it is to budget money. And somewhere along the way, KK and I lost motivation. We started strong, going every weekday, but recently we haven't gone to the gym together at all. It's not where I wanted to be at this point in exercising.

The upside to all of this is that even though I've slacked in some areas, I have had a lot of fun over the past week or so. Wednesday I attended my sorority's alumnae club Christmas party, and it was a blast! I enjoyed getting to know the women involved in the club so much more. And I'm going to try to get involved Relay for Life, but we'll see how much I can commit to it. Friday I went and watched my cousins play basketball. I've been to all of their games but one, and I've enjoyed cheering for them and being THAT fan. Yeah it's okay, I admit it.

Saturday was a day of epic proportions. On Saturday afternoon, I went to watch The Nutcracker with Shawna and KK. That was my Christmas present to Shawna and the three of us enjoyed the two hours away watching the beautiful arts. The ballet was so pretty.

Then Saturday night was the quad birthday extravaganza. Good times were had with my brother and best friends (Katy got to come too!) and many drinks were imbibed.

I've spent the past couple of days watching lots of TV. Sunday I had a How I Met Your Mother marathon with Jared and Katy, and then last night my brothers came out and we watched it again. It was a great evening just hanging out with my brothers doing absolutely nothing.

On a completely different note, I'm not typically one that makes New Years resolutions, but the one that I want to voice and do for 2012 is a fun one! I've noticed lately that when I do go out to eat, I always go to the same places day in and day out. So I have made it my goal to try one new local restaurant each month. I'm pretty excited to try new places each month, and this is definitely a "resolution" that I will enjoy and not feel bad about giving up on after 3 months. But I won't be giving up on this one, we all know I like to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥