Saturday, December 10, 2011

...and just like that, it's been over a week since I posted

This week has been EXHAUSTING. But in a good way! Tuesday morning, KK and I embarked on our daily workout journey. I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 4:30 a.m., got up and drove to the gym, and she and I just spent almost an hour on the elliptical and stationary bikes. I opened Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, so our amount of workout time was limited all three of those days. All I can say is thank goodness I got off work at 1:15 that day, because the first day back in the routine was a little more tiring than I thought it would be.

Wednesday was good though. Wednesday we actually had quite a bit of time to do more than just cardio, so we spent about 2 hours at the gym. It was nice. Then the dreaded third day hit. It was SO HARD to wake up on the morning of the third day, and I had to yell at myself a little more to make sure that i didn't chicken out already. But I pushed through it, and not only went Thursday, but yesterday and this morning too. I'm bound and determined to get healthier and hopefully back into racing shape. I miss running, everything about it. KK is just as determined as I am to get healthier, and it's very easy to get into the routine when there is someone as dedicated as you to push you day in and day out.

All this week, I have been driving back and forth to Sperry to watch my cousins play basketball. They are juniors in high school, and have been in the starting lineup since last year (maybe even their freshman year, I'm not sure). They have been doing a fantastic job, and have started off the season with a 5-0 record. This week they have been playing in the Sperry tournament. With them being 5-0, that means they will be playing for the championship tonight in the Sperry tournament! This is the first time in I couldn't tell ya how long the women's basketball team has begun the season with such a good record, or that they have played for the championship in their own tournament!

Tonight's game will be no easy feat by any means. They play Pawhuska for the championship, and they're usually a pretty tough team, and they've been scouting the girls all week. It'll be a tough game after an exciting win over a team they weren't supposed to beat on Wednesday!

This week starts the Christmas parties for me. Tomorrow I will be attending my office Christmas party, and then I have an alumnae Christmas party on Wednesday.

I. LOVE. THE. HOLIDAYS.

Such a great time for family and friends, and it helps me to remember to be thankful for all the blessings I've had in my life. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way about the holidays either!

I'm hoping to be a better blogger throughout the month of December. Honestly though, I'm more concerned about getting myself back into shape and getting healthier. Although to me being "healthy" is also taking time for me, and blogging is as good of a way as any to have some "me-time."

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥