Monday, April 23, 2012

3 for 12

And just like that, I let another week go by without so much of a peep.

I figured today would be as good of a day as any to tell you about my March restaurant of the month.
In the middle of March, I treated myself to a little place called Main Street Tavern, here on Main Street in Broken Arrow. I walked into the small pub, and decided to seat myself at the bar area since I was going to be eating alone. This was my view from my seat:
I loved that they had so many different beers on tap, and just like my favorite downtown pub, McNellie's, they rotate what they have on tap and they also have Monday night pint night...meaning you buy the beer on special and you get a glass with that beer's logo on it, and then get to keep the glass (which is why you will see that I drank a Chimay that night).

The bartender who waited on me was very nice and made sure that I was well taken care of. She had the entire bar area to herself, and she still made sure that each of us were well taken care of. The bar was surprisingly full too.

At the bank, we have a customer that works as a waiter at the Tavern, and he recommended a couple things. However, I decided that I wanted to try one of their burgers.

I ordered the mushroom Swiss burger and pub fries:
The bun that the burger was on was fantastic, and the burger was cooked just right. Usually in a mushroom Swiss burger, the mushroom gravy is usually a little runny and way too much gravy and not enough mushrooms. This was not the case with this burger. The mushroom gravy was a little thicker and definitely heavy on the mushrooms. It made me very happy.

The fries were pretty decent, but I kind of regretted not getting the sweet potato fries. The fries were good and perfectly balanced with salt and pepper. I usually don't like pepper on my fries, but they were actually pretty good here. However, they were a little thin for my taste. But pair them with the normal ketchup, and they were pretty darn tasty.

Main Street Tavern was moderately priced. What made my tab so high was my $9 beer I got for pint night purposes. It was a tad more expensive than I cared for, but I will definitely eat there again. I plan on trying something different the next time that I go.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a beer drinker, but that food looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know this place existed in BA, but it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Chimay. That's good shit right there.

    If you get a chance, splurge on Delirium Tremens. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥