Sunday, April 1, 2012

recap of two weeks ago

I know I've been completely MIA the past couple of weeks. I haven't really been home much at all, so that means I haven't been able to sit down and type out a post. I've just been busying myself with anything and everything I can find to cause a little bit of trouble. That's right, I've been enjoying being young and single.

It all started with March 16. My brothers got a little bit of a back child support settlement check, and were nice enough to split it between the three of us. My brothers came over that evening to bring me the check, and the three of us hung out for a little bit. Then I read on the McNellie's facebook page that they were having a special pint night in celebration for St. Patrick's Day, and all you had to do was come in and buy a pint of Guinness and you'd get to keep the glass. I do love me a good pint night, but I didn't think that I liked Guinness. I convinced Jared to go with me anyways, and we went downtown to get a glass. Then after we had a beer at McNellie's, I joined up with my friend John at a local country bar called Caravan.

Then on St. Patrick's Day, I left my house around 10:30 a.m. to take my check to the bank and get some cash for the day's festivities. I had a fantastic time hanging out with some friends from work, my family, and a few of my friends. I stayed out until roughly 1:00 a.m. It was AMAZING. If I remember correctly, I got take out and rented movies on that Sunday.

That Monday, my mom and oldest brother came over and we cooked hamburgers and pan fried potatoes. Tuesday evening, I went out and bought my cowboy boots, put them on, and walked around the mall in search for the perfect things to make for my Teller Supervisor's beach flip flops. I walked around the mall for a few hours and eventually gave up. I found a couple things but ended up not liking them. The next day (Wednesday 21st), I returned to the mall in my boots and returned some things. I also went to my favorite store to try to find a top to wear out for Thursday night.

Thursday night I went to Caravan with John. He and I had made plans to go together so he could teach me how to two-step. Before I went to Caravan, I went downtown to listen to my cousin play a show. I loved hearing him play, and he and I had a good time. While I was out at Caravan, and I met a cute man. I forced him to dance with me a few times, and at the end of the night I gave him my number and he kissed me on the cheek as he was leaving. But that's all about him, I haven't heard from him at all.

The next day (Friday), I had to stay in. I had a little too much fun on Thursday night and it kicked my butt on Friday. It was a good thing too, because I actually had to work that Saturday. I got up and went to work on Saturday morning, then after work I hung around and got ready for what was to come on Saturday night. On Saturday, March 24th, me and my coworkers threw a surprise bachelorette party for my teller supervisor. We had fajitas and quesadillas catered, and made yummy margaritas and danced the night away. It was fantastic. Now I've caught you up on two weeks ago, I think that's a good basic explanation of events, and I'll come back again and talk about last week!

Hope you all had as good of a weekend as I did!


  1. Wow it does sound like you have been having a lot of fun!! I'd love to go to a bachelorette party! None of my friends have gotten married yet haha.

  2. sounds busy! glad you are back to posting!


Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥