Sunday, October 31, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN/INITIATION WEEK!

Like I said in my last post, Saturday was perfection. I was thoroughly exhausted from my late night on Friday night, but I kept on truckin' through the day, and it was AMAZING. On Saturday, I got up and went and dropped off some presents that I had bought for my uncle off. Unfortunately, I wasn't there so I didn't get to see if he liked them or not. I got him a Dad's day t-shirt from my sorority, a flag from the OU/Air Force game that has OU with camo in the background, and a sticker that says "OU DAD" (tee hee). I'm sure he loved it all because it was from me, but I would have liked to have seen his reaction to them all.
I then drove back home to quickly shower and get ready for the day. Upon my arrival, there was a party in my room. We had about 4-5 sisters in our room, so I just looked at them all, said sorry guys I need to shower, and stripped to my towel wrap in front of them. When I got OUT of the shower, there were EVEN MORE people in our room. I like it when they visit, but wasn't a fan of having to wait to get dressed. Soon, they all cleared out to shower and get ready as well. I then went downstairs to set up my booth of Thirty-One product (I'm an independent sales rep, kind of. I'm trying to get started), and of course no one was downstairs. So I just sat down and waited until the family got here. When they arrived, I took them up the stairs and showed them around my house and how I live. Then I decided that I was going to take them to the tailgating areas so they can see how I spend my football Saturdays :)

At my friend Andrew's tailgate, he requested that everyone dress up. He was dressed up as Tron, and I had no idea who Tron was. Here's a random picture off the internet that shows basically how Andrew was dressed up:That's right. awkard long johns with blue paint on them. Noooooo thank you, Andrew. Andrew is my friend that likes to party 24/7. He graduated from OU with THREE Bachelor's degrees, and is doing something in the city. I have no idea what that something is. Well, Andrew started his pre-gaming at about 10 o'clock Saturday morning. He also drank some four loko. Not a good combo. By the time I got to his tailgate at 3:30, I introduced him to my family and he was coherent and talking back, but when I saw him later he says "It's about damn time you got here. The fucking football game is about to start and you are sober!" He apparently was blacked out the whole hour that I was hanging out at his tailgate. You need to calm the eff down sir.

I left Andrew's tailgate and went and hung out with my AEII friends at their tailgate. They just had about 10 people at theirs, so their tailgate was nice and chill. Then we went on the hunt for David a sweatshirt. I took them to Heisman park, and then we ended up doing almost a full circle around the stadium to get to the bookstore so we could buy him a sweatshirt. There were tailgaters and stuff, but it was the most dead pre-gaming I've seen in the 5 football seasons I've been in Norman. I was very disappointed.

Lastly, I took the family over to the Health and Exercise Sciences Student Association (HESSA) tailgate to meet some of my professors. [HESSA is the club for my major that I'm involved in.] I sat at that tailgate for about 25 minutes, and then had to leave to meet up at the gate to run the flag. (If you don't know what that entails, check out my post here) I was very excited to be having my baby brother run the flag with me, and he said directly "I think I'm more pumped about this and being on OU's field again than I was for my game last night." That's pretty freakin' sweet to me, to have my brother be excited about what I do with my other Greek organization :)
After the game, I pretty much booted my parents out the door so I could go to the 5.3 billion Halloween parties I got invited to (ok, that may be a slight exaggeration). I ended up only going to one party, but it was such a blast! My soul twin Andy was there, along with people that I hung out with 24/7 freshman year, some fellow APO members, and at the end of the night I found 3 sorority sisters also in attendance. The party was SO much fun! I was boring and re-used my flapper costume from last week, but all in all I had a blast. I had Hoxie drive me home at 3:30 because I had meetings all day today and I was exhausted. I know 3:30 is really late, but I didn't get there until almost 1:30 because of the game!
Today I am in meetings for sorority pretty much all day, then tonight after chapter is our first initation ceremony. We will be initating 66 members with this pledge class (rock on!)

HAPPY INITIATION WEEK PC X!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥