When I first created my blog, I was frustrated with an unrequited high school love. I would sit on here day after day and complain about how much I cared for him and I felt like I wasn't getting the same kind of feelings back from him. Basically, it was unnecessary high school drama that I let follow me to college.
Since then, I have become a much more positive person in general, and I'm probably one of the happiest people you'll meet. I decided that maybe if I changed the way things looked on my page, I might actually want to blog on an almost daily basis. (I say this now, and then will probably come up with some excuse tomorrow as to why I didn't get on here.)
Please bear with me. Some things may sound so juvenile, but I still participate in juvenile activities since I'm technically not a fully responsible adult just yet and am trying to enjoy my last two semesters in college before I have to take on a little bit more responsibility.
Here's a little update on where my life is now, and where I want it to go in the near (and distant) future (in case we haven't spoken in a while):
- I am in my second to last semester at the University of Oklahoma. I will graduate in May with a Bachelor's of Science in Health and Exercise Sciences. I've got the worst senioritis in the world
- I am a member of two Greek organizations, one through Panhellenic Council, and the other is a co-ed service fraternity. Through these organizations, I have met some amazing people and can honestly call a bunch of them my best friends
- I don't keep in touch with very many people from high school. When you're in college and in a college town, things are so different from friends who never had this experience. I'm not rude to them, they just don't know the every day details of my life like my friends at school do.
- Once I graduate, I will be taking one of two, possibly three routes:
- I will be applying to be a leadership consultant for my Panhellenic sorority. This is a year-long commitment that I get excited about every tim I think about it!
- I will be going back home and taking 2-3 classes at a local community college. From there,I will apply to the OU nursing program to begin in June/July 2012. I want to go through the accelrated BSN (Bachelor's of Science in Nursing) program. [yes, I will have 2 Bachelor's degrees if I go this route.]
- I will be applying to Teach for America and hope I get in. From there, I will wait to see where I am sent. This would beinteresting to me because it is kind of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do good for others. I would be basically living completely on my own in a different place than where I already know. So exciting to me!
- After all this living, I eventually would like to pack up everything and move to London for a few years. I visited London about 5 years ago, and fell in love. I can't wait to get back!
- After London, I'd FINALLY be ready to settle down. I'm not quite sure if a marriage is in my future or not yet, but I definitely know I want to adopt children if it isn't.
All of these are pretty selfish goals, but somewhere in the past few years, I've discovered that I need to do things to make ME happy, and every single one of these would do just that. If I find someone who is fantastic enough to share these things that make me happy, then I wouldn't hesitate to get married. But until then, I don't really want to waste anyone's time.
Hope you enjoyed my first post back!