Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my BFF Jill #1, Miss Erika Lynne (other middle name) Kettler:
Born: December of 1987. That's right, I'm older than my big.
Years I've Known Her: 4 years
How We Met: We initially met at the sisterhood retreat in the fall of 2007 for our sorority. I was blindfolded and we were doing a ropes course, and I inadvertently groped her. We should have known then that it was love at first feel. :)
Reasons Why I Love Her: BECAUSE SHE COMPLETES ME. But seriously, there are way too many reasons to list. However, I am going to attempt to do so here:
- We're slightly the same person
- We can go months without seeing each other, but our friendship still remains strong
- She lets me crash at her apartment in Phoenix for a couple weeks at a time
- She went to the Fiesta Bowl with me
- SHE IS SO SCANDALOUS THAT SHE TRICKED ME INTO BELIEVING THAT SHE WAS NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO MAKE IT TO MY COLLEGE GRADUATION, WHEN IN ALL ACTUALITY SHE WAS A LITTLE SNEAK AND SURPRISED ME. And I pretend like I'm angry because my graduation was a sensitive issue to begin with.
- She knows all my flaws, but for some reason she still wants to be my BFF Jill.
- We try to talk on the phone about once a week, but she doesn't judge me when she calls me at 8:30 (her time) on a Saturday night, and I'm already drunkenly walking around downtown Tulsa because it's 10:30 my time.
- We have a lot of the same obsessions....Hayley Williams, Natalie Portman, college football, irresistable boys that are bad for us, just to name a few....
I seriously feel like I could go on forever about Erika, but we don't have enough internet space for that.
I love her. You should love her too!
p.s. She also had no idea I was doing this today. :)