Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend Recap

I really didn't get too crazy this weekend.

My hetero life partner went to Kansas with her boyfriend this weekend, so I was left to hang out at my house or with our friend Emily all weekend long. Initially, Emily and I had made plans to watch the OU football game together, but I flaked out :(

Friday after work, I decided that I was going to go with my grandmother to the high school football game this week. Part of the reason is because I am no longer going to homecoming (it's OU/TX weekend), and part is because I honestly did not have anything better to do. I went and cheered on my high school, and the boys unfortunately lost by one point. It was slightly heartbreaking. I did enjoy getting to chat with a few of my friends though, and it was a fun night hanging out with my grandma and my cousin.

Afterwards, I decided to go to bed early, as I had a funeral to attend Saturday morning. This funeral was the father of another close friend of the family. What makes me sad about this is to realize that the friend is not even 40 and now has neither parents living. But her father's health has been declining recently, and I honestly think that him not suffering anymore will help put her at a little bit of ease.

Saturday afternoon, I went with my aunt Annya to the meat markets to pick up stuff for their dinner(s). I then went up the hill to my aunt Jessica's house, where I began sorting through junk. My junk that has been stored in her attic since they moved into their house. I went through eight 5-gallon totes, and one 20-gallon tote full of crap. Seriously, it was all pretty much junk and clothes I haven't worn or even thought of in years.

I've been wanting to have a t-shirt quilt made, so I cut out logos of all the shirts I would like to have. 2 totes of t-shirts were dwindled down to not even a quarter of the 5 gallon tote. So that tote now has all my shirt logos (and I still have more to go through here) and quite a few of my keepsakes. I have one 5 gallon tote packed and ready to go to the apartment, and I'm working on what to put in my 20 gallon tote because too much stuff makes it too heavy. A total of three 5 gallon totes went back into the attic; one with the keepsakes and t-shirts, one with a bunch of purses, and one with books. Three totes are here with me, waiting to be packed with stuff for the apartment, and one still needs to be rinsed out to get rid of all the dust it's collected. I had a total of 6 (maybe 5) trashbags full of junk.

I did find some interesting stuff though. LIKE A GREEN AND PURPLE WALKMAN! AND MY BEANIE BABIES! I threw the walkman away. I was having a real hard time throwing away the beanie babies (even though they have no resale value whatsoever), and Jessica gave me a good "excuse" to keep them: take them to the apartment with me so my youngest cousin can have something to play with when she comes to visit. I GOT TO KEEP MY BEANIE BABIES! :)
One of them I was going to keep anyways. I apparently have liked squirrels for a while; I had the squirrel beanie baby. As soon as I saw it, I immediately put it into the tote to go to the apartment. I'm going to use it for decoration :)  [for those of you who don't know, my sorority's mascot was a squirrel]

I watched the game with my aunt, uncle, and cousins, and then came home and passed out.

Today was absolutely gorgeous outside, and I got to spend a FANTASTIC 2 hours sitting on a picnic blanket with my good friend Eli from college and APO. I had not seen him since December, so we had a great time just sitting and talking and enjoying the beautiful weather. I had my camera with me, and for some reason didn't take a picture of us. womp womp.

Afterwards, I went to work at the concession stand for a few hours. I had a good time visiting with Sean.

After dinner, I finally got to see Emily and Shawna. The three of us and Shawna's boyfriend Andrew met up for dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, and we spent the couple hours that we were there talking, laughing, eating, and comparing fantasy football teams. Which mine SUCKED this week, in case you were wondering.

Today was an AWESOME day filled with great friends from start to finish!
Now I must get to bed before I have to be at work tomorrow. And I get to continue packing in preparation for my big move that will be occurring in NINE DAYS! I'm super excited!

1 comment:

  1. Heehee, beanie babies! I still have a few packed away...I use to collect the lobster ones, because I'm weird like that.


Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥