Thursday, February 9, 2012

Home is Where the Heart Is

So for those of you that have been following me for a while, you may remember that I moved into my own place back in the beginning of October. I've been living here for four months, and have yet to truly feel like this is my home. I haven't really felt like anywhere is actual home. Still kind of in limbo here.

Yesterday as I was getting out of the shower, I thought about why this place I've called "home" for four months doesn't feel like home. I realized that this is probably mostly due to the fact that all of my walls are blank. Completely blank. I haven't hung anything up on my walls at all in the four months I've been here. I've had pictures sitting around on shelves and tables, but nothing has been on the walls since I moved in. I decided that I needed to change this if i really want this to be home.

I've been hoarding a $30 gift card to Target since my birthday, trying to figure out what I wanted to purchase for my home. I've been going back and forth between saving it for another piece of furniture, curtains, or random decorations. Last night I decided that it was time to make this apartment a home and I bought a hammer, nails, and hooks to start hanging stuff up in my house.

I now have pictures hanging up in my living room, paddles hanging from the wall in my bedroom, artistic photos in my bathroom. It doesn't quite feel like home just yet, but it is also the first day. I'm determined to make the next 8 months feel like I am truly home. After all, home is where the heart is, and I want to put my heart into my first place. :)

2 comments:

  1. My first thought, "why are you nailing things in your wall?!"

    And then I realized, "oh wait, she is allowed to do that."

    Proud of you for being a big kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand where you are coming from in this post- we have been in our apartment for 6 months now and it still doesn't feel completely like "home" BUT putting pictures and decorations up definitely helped!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥