idiosyncrasy –noun, plural -sies.
a characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual.
the physical constitution peculiar to an individual.
a peculiarity of the physical or the mental constitution,especially susceptibility toward drugs, food, etc. Compare allergy ( def. 1 )
So here it is, a list of my idiosyncrasies!
1. I habitually count my steps as I am walking. I've read multiple places that this is a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder. I've even counted my steps as I was running, like when I ran my half-marathon last November!
2. I have to make sure that my college class ring, which I have only taken off for my appendix surgery since I got it, is on my finger straight. If it starts twisting to either side, I move it and double check to make sure it is on perfectly straight.
3. When I have my DVD's on a shelf, they must be in alphabetical order. Another sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder. They must also be put back in alphabetical order as soon as I get done with the movie.
4. Books on a book shelf should be lined up by book height. Do you think I'm crazy yet?
5. I'm impressed by people who can spell well and use proper grammar. I may not always type on here using proper grammar, but if you can send me a text message with perfect grammar, you just went up in cool points. Proper grammar was stressed while I was growing up because both of my aunts were English majors. So I fall hardest for the boys who can speak eloquently!
6. To this day, no matter how much you try to teach me, I cannot snap my fingers and produce a sound. Every now and then I'll get one or two sounds, but I have to produce about 30 snaps to get one or two. I can, however, frat snap :) [click both words--"frat" will take you to urban dictionary; "snap" will take you to a video]
7. To add on to other things I cannot do, I can't burp on purpose. No really. I know that may be a good thing, but it's embarrassing when you're in a public place and one slips out. And it hurts when you like beer and can't burp that ferment out. Have I grossed you out yet?
8. I cannot stand lint between my toes when I take my socks off. I seriously sit there for a couple minutes after I take off my socks and use the socks to get it out from between my toes.
9. I'm so practical in what I wear that I have a really hard time buying a bra that is any color other than nude. I just can't bring myself to buy something that makes me have to strategically pick what color of shirt I wear. However, when I bought my last couple of bras, I had a friend go with me and she forced me to buy one with a pattern. Baby steps!
10. I hate making a bed. I mean changing sheets and making it daily. I just don't see a point in making my bed first thing in the morning if I'm just going to get into it again that night. But I do it every now and then.
11. I go on sports obsessions. This shouldn't be new, but seriously. College football season? I will spend ALL DAY Saturdays watching pre-game stuff and games (ask my youngest brother, he wanted to watch Saturday morning cartoons one weekend when I was home, and I made him turn it to Game Day at 10). It doesn't matter who's playing just as long as I get to watch the OU game. And I seriously spent all day Monday looking up stuff about the OKC Thunder in preparation for game 4. I figured out the ages of everyone on roster, looked up and studied James Harden, and I obsessed over my new jersey!
|FEAR THE BEARD!|
What are your idiosyncrasies? Write up a post about them and head on over to Laugh Until Your Cheeks Hurt: Idiosyncrasy link up and share with all of us!