Wednesday, July 6, 2011

REAL weekend update

So I realized in my pity post from Monday that I didn't tell you ANYTHING about my weekend except for the fact that I was missing my brother on the holiday.

Friday evening, I had an awesome time relaxing at home. Work was super stressful and busy ALL DAY LONG. I went in at 8 a.m. and got off work around 6:30 or so. The branch was busy from the time I got there until around 5:45. We closed at 6. It was that busy. It was pay day, It was before a holiday where lots of people needed cash for fireworks, and it was also before the bank was closed on Monday. I shortened my lunch break by 15 minutes, and because I stayed late on Thursday and came in early on Friday, I got into over time for last week! Sweet action, love that time and a half!

Late Friday evening, I got a phone call from my aunt Jessica and she asked if I wanted to join their family for an impromptu float trip. My answer was heck yes! ha ha. We left home around 7 a.m., drove to Tahlequah, and went on a 4-mile float on the Illinois. IT. WAS. AWESOME. I always love float trips and wish we would go a lot during the summer. They're so much fun!

We then spent the remainder of the day just hanging out, and went and bought fireworks later that evening. We bought a big package of night time stuff for Jacob to shoot off for us once darkness fell. I helped pay for it this year, as I actually have a job now and can afford it. I also treated myself to some Sam Adams Summer Ale for the holiday. Freaking love it.

Sunday morning I went to church, and then did a little retail therapy afterwards. Edith, MacKenzie, their friend Hannah and I went out to eat in Owasso and then went to the mall. I bought a good pair of shoes for work, a pair of jean shorts (because I don't have any), and two pairs of sunglasses. It was exactly what I was looking for when I went out to the mall.

I got to spend all day Monday relaxing at the house. I slept almost all day...it kicked my butt yesterday at work.

Today was nice, I didn't have to go into work until noon, and then tomorrow I go in at 7 and get off at 1. The hours this week are kind of nice, and something I look forward to for a long term thing...it'll be nice to have random weeks where I'll have an entire afternoon all to myself. It'll be even nicer when I'm in my apartment complex with my swimming pool...can't wait!

Hope you all are having a great (short) week! It's almost over!

2 comments:

  1. float trips are the best! sounds like you had a great, good ol', oklahoma weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! I've never been on a float trip but I really want to because I hear they are lots of fun :)

    Our next apartment has a pool in the complex--I can't wait for daily dips in the pool!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥