Thursday, July 21, 2011

slacker!

I know that every time I go for any short or long amount of time without writing, I always say something along the lines of life getting busy. This time, it's only half true.

Last week was just a rough week. I had my great-great-uncle pass away two Fridays ago. He was a good man, one of the best you'll ever meet.
My uncle-slash-father figure got rear-ended by a woman who had had a couple glasses of wine and was texting while driving. For once, he drove his truck to work that night and not his motorcycle, or else he could have died.
Sunday morning, I got woken up by a text from a very good friend whose 10-year-old sister had passed out and had a seizure in church. It was pretty scary.
Boything returned home that Saturday, but his mom went into the hospital that Monday because they thought she had a stroke.
My good friend Jessie lost her great-grandmother last Friday morning. Mackie was a good woman as well.

My problems weren't as serious as any of these, but I just felt so lonely last week that I knew that anything I wrote would have been a self-pity party. And you all KNOW just how much I LOVE those!

However, since then, things have been on the up and up. First of all, I have had the luxury of getting to see Tyler every day this week (with the exception of this evening). He has been joining me and my awesome coworker Shawna for cheap dinner nights...we went to Taco Tuesday at El Guapo's in downtown Tulsa on Tuesday, and then $3 Burger Night at McNellie's last night. Shawna and I are hoping to make this a weekly tradition!

I've been so happy the past few days that I feel like I'm back in good ol' Norman :)

THEN, I get a very sweet e-mail from my dear friend Sam informing me that I now have OVER 100 FOLLOWERS!! you guys!!! That is pretty amazing and beyond flattering! I'm so happy you all have found my space here, and have enjoyed it enough to stick around! If you haven't done so yet, go to this post and introduce yourself :)

Originally, I wanted to do some sort of giveaway once I reached 100, but I still am at a loss as to what would be the prize. I thought I'd have quite a bit of time to figure it out, but you all snuck up on me! Best surprise ever!

So, I wanna hear all about your week! Was it as good as mine?

Happy almost weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about the people in your life having a hard time! How wonderful that your uncle wasnt hurt too badly in the accident! What a blessing that he wasnt on his motorcycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy that you are settling into your new life as a big kid. :) I am also happy to know I was one of those first followers! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 100 followers! That's a lot, I think you deserve it :) Hope everything goes well for your friends and yourself :)

    Had a great week, my cousins from Singapore came to visit, had a fun time painting nails and watching movies :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so sorry to hear about all of them! And now with my addition you have 104 FOLLOWERS :) Great blog Do check out mine and i'd love if you follow back :)
    xoxox

    http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your loss in your family and that things haven't been going that great. On the other side congrats on hitting 100 followers! Thanks as well for the comments you left on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear all those bad things happened to you and your friends and family! I hope things are looking brighter now...

    Congrats on 100 followers--that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥