Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm busy as a bee...

I know that I have been neglecting my blog and all of my blog friends. I do love this outlet and catching up with your lives dearly, but this week is super busy. Super super busy.

You heard of my busy Friday and Saturday. Sunday wasn't so busy, I was in bed most of the day recovering from my Saturday night. Then I went and visited my aunt Annya at her hotel that evening, followed by spending some time with a guy that I like to hang out with. Monday I did the whole class thing, but Monday was kind of crummy as well. I learned we have a nutritionist, and I feel like I'm being put on a diet against my will. I didn't do very well on my piano exam. Then we had formal dinner. I went and hung out with that guy again, and it was nice to get to escape the things that had stressed me out that day. We watched the awful men's national championship game together, a movie, and a couple episodes of Arrested Development. I've never seen Arrested Development before, and it's pretty freakin' funny. I was also introduced to some new music, wish I could remember names of artists...

Tuesday was super busy. I had class all day, and then I went to the OU/OSU bedlam baseball game to hang out with my APO little Nageen. My throat had felt funny all day, but I ignored it and went on with my day. Then yesterday I woke up with THE WORST sore throat ever. As the day progressed, it got worse and worse. Last night was our annual BBQ philanthropy, and I had to leave around 7:15 because I just felt so terrible. I went upstairs to check my temperature and it measured a 100.3. That's pretty high for me, as my internal temp runs a little cool at 97.4-97.6. I called home to tell them I thought I was getting strep throat, and Annya informed me that Emma has strep. I figure if I have it, it's from being at Chuck E Cheese's on Friday night, damn snot-nosed kids.

I tried to go to Urgent Care but seemed to have misplaced my insurance card since my appendix fiasco, and they wouldn't see me unless I paid for everything upfront. A whopping $112. Who has that much cash on hand? So instead of being seen last night, I came back home, drank lots of water, took some tylenol and vitamins, and took my sick butt to bed. I was in bed by 9:30 or so but I didn't fall asleep until almost 11. I slept for a solid 7 hours before I woke up, and my fever had broken in the night. I have an appointment at 2:30 today to be seen for strep, but now my ears are aching really bad.

If this is a bad case of allergies, this is the worst I've ever had. I don't really understand my body. I'm taking better care of it than ever before this semester, and it's not responding well. I usually have a kick ass immune system, but I've been sick THREE TIMES now.

And on top of all this, the week isn't slowing down at all.
I have tickets for Miranda Lambert's show in Norman tonight.
I have a BIG/little date with Nageen tomorrow--dinner and a movie.
Relay for Life is Saturday, 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Sunday is Chapter and Initiation, and then one of my good guy friends from high school is coming into town.

Even though I'm sick and busy, this week has been good and fun so far! The BBQ last night was fun and I think it was successful, and I've enjoyed the time I've gotten to spend with Nageen getting to know her better. Our capstone project is also well underway and it's going pretty well so far!

Here's to hoping I get some rest in the next couple of days!

2 comments:

  1. I will be sending you healthy, germ-free vibes today! I hope you don't have strep. But I guess at least if you did, you could get a Z pack and kick it right away. Boo.
    But sounds like you had a great weekend. And Arrested Developments, one of my all time faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed hanging out with you last night!! I hope you're feeling better! - Hoxie

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥