Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tell the World Tuesday!

Alright folks, I've got a really exciting Tell the World Tuesday feature for you this week! I've mentioned this blogger's blog before, and I've DEFINITELY mentioned her through my stories. She is one of my bestest friends ever, and I met her my second year in college. So please enjoy my b.f.f. Erika from A Thousand Different Pieces :)

1. First things first, tell me where you blog and a small paragraph about your blog.
*In the internet world, I blog over at A Thousand Different Pieces, but I'm physically blogging from Phoenix, AZ. I started the blog since I felt left out of the blogging world when I would read so many fascinating stories from individuals such as Whitney at Fairytale Beginning and my best friend Mallori here at aiukli. I wanted to contribute, but honestly didn't know how, and sometimes I let myself down when I can't think of anything to write. I came up with A Thousand Different Pieces because I feel like there 's so much more depth to myself and others than what we really let on. When you take me for face value, I sometimes come off as a hard person, who may or may not look angry and will give you death glares and you wouldn't want to mess with me. I do that at first, but really I'm one of the most loyal people you could ever meet and you'll only see the tough side of me if you upset me or one of my friends and I have to sort it out. Usually, I'm making inappropriate jokes or laughing or trying to do something that will make a difference. (I can get off topic really easily too, sorry. Once again, I blame my mother ha ha.) But I write what I can, when I can, and maybe it'll make someone laugh, or hopefully someone can relate.
her "death glare," and yes that is me, Mal laughing in the background :)
2. Give me 5 words you use to describe yourself:
*Random, loving, loyal, goofy, deep


3. Do you use a real alarm clock or your phone? If you use your phone, what tune do you wake up to?
*My phone...I haven't used an actual alarm clock since high school, possibly middle school. My phone currently has 2 different alarms: one at 5:06 a.m. (iPhone Old Car Horn) and one at 6:09 a.m. (iPhone Timba). The first alarm is to get me out of bed for a morning run, but usually I just turn it off and go back to sleep, then my second alarm will kick in, I'll snooze that for 20 minutes, then finally get up and shower. However, if I actually get up to run, then the second alarm tells me when I need to be done by so that I can make some eggs before showering and getting ready for work. I know you're probably wondering why I picked 5:06 and 6:09...I couldn't tell you. I did that when I moved to Phoenix, and it just stuck.


4. What (or who) inspires you most?
*I don't think just one particular thing inspires me. I tend to look to other people to see what inspires them. I love watching painters, musicians, and dancers because they have inspiration from somewhere and they let it consume them. I love that passion and touch that they have, which is probably why I feel really creative after spending time with my artsy friends. Other inspiration comes from people overcoming something or fighting for something. Kids with cancer or special needs have a place very close to my heart, so their love of life and the fight they have really inspires me (and makes me cry sometimes).


5. Do you read for fun? If so, what are you currently reading; or what is a book you recommend?
*I used to really hate reading, and it would show because my English was terrible, but I've fallen in love with reading. I'm finishing up a book called "Eight Days to Live" by Iris Johansen, which I've sadly been trying to finish for a few months, but I picked up some other books instead (ha ha). I just finished "In a Heartbeat" by Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy from The Blindside (another great story that inspires me), and before that I read "Water for Elephants," a wonderful recommendation from my good friend Bridget over at Voyage of the Blonder Treader. If you like murder mysteries, start with Iris Johansen's "The Face of Deception" since it's the beginning of the Eve Duncan series. If you loved The Blindside like I did, please go pick up "In a Heartbeat." And for just a wonderful read, everyone should get "Water for Elephants." Simply wonderful.


6. What is something you've always wanted to do?
*I've always wanted to be an actress. My parents didn't really think it was a practical occupation to have, and I am a very sports oriented person like my dad (who is also a history buff, but that's beside the point...), so my desires for acting got pushed to the side, and I ended up going into business. I was very fortunate to take an acting class my last year of college and I am OBSESSED. I've been thinking of joining a local acting group, but I don't have the spare time for it sadly. Maybe one day :)


7. What is your favorite part of the day, and why?
*I don't think I have a particular favorite part of the day. I know I hate waking up, but sometimes I hate going to sleep. Strange, I know. Maybe 3ish on a spring day in Oklahoma or Texas, so that it's just the right amount of heat and sunshine with a nice breeze. Whenever I think 3 p.m. on a spring day, I automatically think of hanging out at a park in Norman, reading magazines and clearing my mind while spending time with another best friend of mine, Bonnie. (Did I just completely answer this question wrong? {There's no such thing as a wrong answer!}) Actually, I change my mind. My favorite time of day is when I can eat because I. LOVE. FOOD.


8. Where is the favorite place you've traveled? Or, where is a place you would like to travel?
*By far my favorite trip was over this past summer with my parents when we took a 2-weeks road trip from Dallas to Colorado Springs to Yellowstone to Coeur d'alene, Idaho to Seattle back to Idaho to Mount Rushmore back to Colorado Springs and back to Dallas. Great bonding time with the fam (just wish my brother was with us) and also the opportunity to knock off quite a few states.


9. What's your guilty pleasure (food, TV show, etc.)?
*Sadly, I have a lot of guilty pleasures. I love fast food, but naturally I can't eat it all the time, but if I can grab In N Out or Whataburger's Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits {We share this obsession, the link is to my post about them}, I'm in heaven. I also watch Jersey Shore when I get a chance, only because I can't help but laugh at these guys. I'm a mean fist pumper by the way. Mallori, do you remember how we pulled most of the muscles in our upper bodies from fist pumping too hard at a date party?? ha ha okay, sorry. {it's true. it took us a couple hours before we figured out why our muscles hurt so bad too.}


10. Give your favorite inspirational quote, photo, or both!
*"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them fell."-Maya Angelou


11. What is the one thing you want to Tell the World today?
*Live YOUR life! It's okay to make mistakes, but only as long as you learn from them. Not everyone is going to like you, and that's fine...the least you can do is kill them with kindness. Smile every day! Only you are responsible for your mood...life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it. (Wow, I sound like a bunch of quotes ha ha).
I love getting feedback from people and reading other people's stories! I'm still new to blogging, but once I get in the groove, you can never get me out of it. Take Twitter for instance...I said I would never do it, and now I tweet like 5 times a day, sometimes more depending on what sporting event is on TV :)
Thanks for reading!
I told you we were best friends....
Well there you have it folks, one of my best friends ever. Thanks for sharing with us today BIG! To all my readers, head over to A Thousand Different Pieces if you haven't by now and show her some love.


Do YOU want to be the next Tell the World Tuesday feature? If so, shoot me an e-mail at mbattiestOKU{at}gmail{dot}com!

5 comments:

  1. What a great feature! I'll have to go check your BFF's blog out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both are adorable and I am so freaking ready to try that Whataburger place you mentioned- it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika seems like she would be hilarious and awesome to hang out with! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet :) you guys are cute bestfriends! ha

    i, too, have a best friend blogger {best friends before blogging, that is} it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS...I tagged you in something!

    http://whimsicalbullshit.blogspot.com/2011/04/facts-lovin.html

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥