Tuesday, October 16, 2012

7 for 12

My 12 books in 12 months has kind of fallen by the wayside...I just don't read near as much as I did when I lived alone and I didn't have a boyfriend. So I'm still going to try to get as close to possible, but the restaurant thing is definitely way more fun. :)

month one, two, three, four, five, and six

So after I posted in August that I was going to try to catch up a little bit on my new local restaurant of the month. Friday, August 31, roommate and I decided that we needed to go on a best friend date. While she had been home the whole summer for the first time since the summer after her freshman year in college, she and I didn't spend as much time together as we had hoped to.

She and I decided to hit up this new (ish) restaurant in downtown Tulsa called Black Alley Blues & BBQ. Being that I am from Oklahoma, I love me some good BBQ. Nothing tickles my tastebuds more than a good smokey flavor and good barbecue sauce (I am spoiled to Oklahoma's own Head Country barbecue sauce. It's the best ever.) Okay, pictures!

Take home cups!

House special drink. I believe it had bourbon and bitters and orange in it, and it was pretty good.

my dinner--BBQ nachos
OH. MY. GOODNESS look at that plate of nachos. My mouth is watering staring at it!

I got a glass of sweet tea and the bourbon drink per recommendation of our waiter. When it came to the meal, I was torn between the BBQ nachos and the spuds. The waiter also recommended the nachos, and they were FANTASTIC. I was so full about halfway through the plate but I couldn't stop eating. Just could not stop, they were that good. I don't know if it was how good the meat was, or how good the chips tasted with the ranch and barbecue and sour cream mixed together.

The meat wasn't necessarily the best I've ever had, but I'm spoiled to my uncle's awesome barbecued meat. But, what they did with their sauce definitely made up for it.

The atmosphere is amazing, right in the heart of the Blue Dome District in downtown Tulsa, which is by far one of my favorite places in downtown Tulsa. They have live blues music ALL THE TIME, and I loved the guy who happened to be playing that night....couldn't tell you who it was, but he played well.

The price was a really good price range too, which kind of took me by surprise. Most BBQ places tend to get more expensive, especially around here. But with me getting the nachos, a refillable drink, an adult beverage, and a beer, my tab was still under $20 before the tip.

I will definitely go there again, and if you ever find yourself in Tulsa, you should definitely check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, those bbq nachos look like heaven on a plate. It looks like a wonderful best friend date!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥