Monday, November 22, 2010

I DID IT!

OH MY GOODNESS. So remember how I told you that I was running in my first ever half marathon on November 21, 2010? Well I FINISHED! I wasn't quite sure how well I would do, or if I would even finish, but I DID IT!! This was a huge accomplishment for me! I was so proud of myself for pushing myself that as soon as I crossed that finish line, I burst into tears of joy! A special thank you to this lovely lady for being there at the finish line and being my familiar face throughout the race. It makes you realize there are personal cheerleaders when you see someone you know cheering for you.

Not only did I finish the race, but I finished with a pace of 13:50 per mile. All I could say to that was "holy shit." (seriously) There's no way I should have been able to keep that pace with the horrible training I did, but somehow I accomplished it!

I'm looking forward to possibly running another half in the 11th annual OKC Memorial Marathon with my friend Heather Ping. Thank you so much to everyone who thought of me the morning of my race. It was such an exhilarating feeling that words cannot do it justice. I challenge everyone to go and run some type of race, even if it's a mile fun run. Crossing that finish line is remarkable.

I'm so sore today, but it was SO worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥