Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Bucket List: Mallori version

Well hello there readers! Sorry for taking such a long time to update, but with the holidays, everything has been SO CRAZY. And on the eve of my trip to Phoenix, I'm preparing for my little trip and just wanted to give a quick update. I got some amazing articles of clothing, and I'm very excited to be wearing them all! I also got enough money to travel to Phoenix, with a little extra from my grandpa for drinks. I'm hoping some desert sunshine will be what I need to help me feel better (I'm still not feeling 100%). Because I will be spending all day New Years with my bestest friend Erika preparing to and cheering on the Sooners, I figured today was as good a day as any to show you all my bucket list. This is something I've been working on for a little bit, and I will be adding more to it as time progresses. But as of 12/17/2010, here is my bucket list:

  • Steal a pair of bowling shoes from a bowling alley.
  • Apply (and get into!) Nursing School.
  • Adopt children.
  • Have one dog that I nurture from the time it is a puppy to old age (unfortunately, Jax doesn't count :[ UPDATE! As of 12/26, I have found the breed I want: 1/2 Italian Greyhound, 1/2 Chihuahua...they had them at the pet stop and they were SO PRECIOUS!!!).
  • Go to a formal ball (so I can put two semesters of Ballroom Dancing to good use!).
  • Go on a vacation with friends only (road trip is the only way to go!).
  • Attend bartending school/be a bartender.
  • Take guitar lessons.
  • Take piano lessons.
  • Coach a softball and/or a basketball team.
  • See Aerosmith in concert.
  • Attend a hunters safety course/get a hunting license/go hunting.
  • Visit all 50 states.
  • Visit Washington, D.C., and all the landmarks that implies.
  • Visit New York City.
  • Go on a cruise.
  • Visit every Alpha Gamma Delta house.
  • Attend International Convention for Alpha Gam.
  • Attend National Convention for Alpha Phi Omega.
  • Visit every school in our football conference for a game (thank you nebraska and missouri for changing it from being "Visit every Big XII school for a football game").
  • Visit every Hard Rock Cafe (5 down).
  • Two words: Las. Vegas.
  • Backpack across Europe.
  • Visit Dublin, Ireland.
  • Visit Greece.
  • Visit Australia.
  • Live in London.
  • Watch the New York Yankees play a game.
  • Attend an NFL game.
  • Go to a Bedlam basketball game at Gallagher-Iba Arena.
  • Have court side season tickets to an NBA team (preferably OKC Thunder).
  • Gain enough courage to be completely honest with my feelings for other people.
  • Make a positive impact on just ONE person before I die.
As I was compiling this list, I realized that a lot of the things I want to do relate to traveling! I knew I loved to travel, but I never really realized just how much I wanted to see the world! As you can see, I've got one thing down, and I will get to cross another thing off by the time I graduate :)

I am very blessed with everything and everyone in my life. Thank you all for being a part of it!

3 comments:

  1. Depending on your definition of a positive impact, I think that you cross the last item off your list almost every day of your life! Being a strong woman who isn't afraid to make tough decisions and put herself out there in the ways you have is one way that you have a positive impact on the people around you :-) I know you have a positive impact on your younger (and older!) sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAXTER! Thanks for almost making me cry! I think that our friendship has grown exponentially over just this past year! Thank you for always being there and being so encouraging! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! Thanks so much for adding this to the bucket list challenge linky! it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥