Thursday, December 2, 2010

longest post ever!

I sincerely apologize for not blogging before now. I know my two readers may find this hard to believe, but I missed it so much this week! UNFORTUNATELY, the woes of being a 5th year college student HAD to come before writing down everything that has gone on in the past week. I neglected to take a book home that I had to write a report over, so my Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were filled with that. Then the end of Tuesday and yesterday were all about a very difficult personal training project that I had to complete by 7 p.m. yesterday. Needless to say, I got little social networking in since I returned to Norman on Sunday evening.

I'll start with my fantastical Thanksgiving break. Since I was going to the Bedlam game on Saturday, I drove straight from here (Norman) to Poteau, OK to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with the fam! My great aunt and I met up with our family friend for a very nice steak dinner at a place called Warehouse Willy's (I believe I already blogged about it). Then the family started to arrive on Wednesday afternoon, and we all spent the day hanging out and watching TV and movies. I went and saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 for the second time with my uncle and female cousins. It was just as fantastic the second time around.

Thursday was filled with fantastic food and wine, and card games. Then, Thursday night, I embarked on my first ever Black Friday shopping experience with my three aunts (Annya, Jessica, and Margie) and my uncle Ryan. We were going to go to Toys 'R Us at 10, but when we got there, the line wrapped all the way around the little strip mall. NO THANK YOU. So instead we went to another little strip mall where there was an Old Navy and a Best Buy. I volunteered to wait in line at Best Buy while they went and shopped at Old Navy when it opened at midnight. We were in line at Best Buy for a total of seven hours before the store opened at 5 a.m.! I was in line by myself until about 1, and then me, Ryan, and Jessica took one-hour shifts until it opened. We didn't get everything we wanted, but we still got some amazing deals. I got my brothers' Christmas presents for an amazing price.

After Best Buy, we met up with my mom, great aunt, Mimi, and MacKenzie for breakfast, then we headed to the mall. It's been a long time since I have pulled an all-nighter, so I threw in the towel and went and took a nap. After all the mall shopping, we went and ate at a Japanese steak house, and since it was the day before my birthday, I guess you can say it was kind of my birthday lunch. We then returned to Linda's house, where I took like a 5 hour long nap and then headed to Stillwater.

Once I arrived in Stillwater on Friday evening, Zach, Megan (his girlfriend) and I went to a laid-back bar called Stonewall, where the drinks are cheap and strong. Needless to say, I didn't need very many drinks. Once midnight hit, I went around the entire bar telling everyone it was my birthday. It was slightly ridiculous. After the bar, Zach took Megan and I to Mickey D's because he didn't want us getting sick, where we got McGang Bang's. Ever had one? Me neither. But when you are intoxicated it's quite possibly the best thing ever. And it was ridiculously cheap. It is a double cheeseburger with a McChicken patty between the two beef patties. Heart attack in a bag.

Saturday we napped all day while watching football, then went to the OU/OSU bedlam game. Fantastic game. Would have been a hell of a game even if OU had lost, but OU winning was a pretty legit birthday present for me. Because of being out in the cold so much during black Friday and the bedlam game, after the game I did not celebrate. Instead, I ate and then passed out. Sunday I drove back to Norman, whoopee.

Like I said before, I have been doing school work the entire week. HOWEVER, tonight will be a fun-filled night. It will be amazingly fantastic. Our annual alumnae tree trim is tonight, and then after my plaid family is having our 4th annual Plaid Christmas party. This isn't your typical holiday party included with dirty Santa. No no, instead, we get dirty gifts, and play dirty Santa. We also include adult beverages for the legals, and spend the hour or so bonding and getting to know each plaid a little better. We are the mafia, and we are very loyal to each other, and we love each other a lot.

I can't believe how close Christmas break is! I'm so ready for the holidays, it's unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥