Thursday, December 9, 2010

thoughts, excitement, and gifts

Today, I realized I will be graduating from college in 156 days. That's a scary thought. If I knew what I were going to be doing right away, I don't think it would be that big of an issue. Granted, I did have all these plans for myself way back in October when I decided with my first post back that I wanted to consistently start blogging again. However, because I had a couple deadlines sneak up on me, the LC option is out. And that makes me very sad. However, I still have the Teach for America option, and I don't really know when I'll complete THAT application.

If I could have any down-time job, I would LOVE to be a bartender. I just think being in that atmosphere would be the most fun I could have while "working."

Eventually, I do plan to go to nursing school. In fact, I even think I've found the perfect career for me: a travelling nurse. I don't have any marital/child commitments, so why not?

I'm very excited for part one of my beautiful little's birthday extravaganza! We will be attending an very nice dinner at Legend's here in Norman, and then heading over to Campus Corner for a night of 21st birthday good-ness!

As my last thought for the day, remember to be yourself and do what it is that makes you happy. You never know what it is that may impact another person's life. I say this because I got this pretty little frame as a Christmas present yesterday from a best friend, and I didn't realize that she thought that about me:

It's kind of hard to read, so this is what it says:
Women Who Change the World
There are women who make things better...simply by showing up
There are women who make things happen.
There are women who make their way.
There are women who make a difference.
And women who make us smile.
There are women of wit and wisdom who ~ through strength and courage ~ make it through.
There are women who change the world every day... women like you.
-Ashley Rice

Talk about a powerful little gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥