Wednesday, February 2, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 19

Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?


I'm going to go with religion on today's truth. I just don't feel that I am active enough in politics to give an honest and educated answer.

I think that religion is a good starting place to figure out what it is about your spirituality that is important for you. All my life, I have been raised a Southern Baptist in the heart of the Bible belt, and have attended church since I was out of the hospital.

Like almost every person growing up with, it was expected of me to attend any and all church services and functions. Then when I turned 16, I got a boyfriend and started skipping out on services. I didn't get into trouble, and it was at this point that my family said I was "old enough to make my own decisions." It was a shock.

I think that each religion offers its own good things and bad things (at least the ones I've been in contact with.) I don't think I personally have a right to say who is wrong and who is right. I firmly believe that religion and spirituality are two separate entities, and my conviction on this is even stronger now that I have taken a course that required a term paper over what we believed to be our spirituality.


I guess in all, I'm pretty accepting of any and all religions. I do not believe that some of them are teaching correct things, but who knows if my "religion" is correct? I guess when Judgement Day comes (another event taught within my religion), I will have to answer for my wrongdoings, and maybe even for my tolerance. But that is between me and the God that I believe in.

2 comments:

  1. Well said! And I agree, there is a difference between being a religious person and being a spiritual person. Glad you shared this side of ya with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your blog. It challenges a person to think about things! I'll be following your blog now.

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥