Friday, February 11, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 28

Day 28: What if you were pregnant, or got someone pregnant, what would you do?

First off, I can't get someone pregnant (sorry, wanted to throw a little humor in there).

This one is a little iffy. If you had asked me this six months ago, it would have been a simple answer, one most wouldn't agree with. But now, now that I am ninety-two days away from graduation, it's a pretty easy answer. I mean, I wouldn't be showing by the time I graduate. So my answer to being pregnant is this: I would give someone else the opportunity to raise this child. It's not that I don't want to have children (well, I kind of just want to adopt), but I am just not at all in a place that I could give this child a decent life.

I really think that I would want it to be a closed adoption. I wouldn't want to put that kind of stress on the adoptive parents, always wondering if their child is going to leave them in search for their birth mother. I don't want my children to struggle financially. It would be irresponsible of me to try to raise a child while I'm still trying to figure out what it is that I want to do with my life.

However, seeing as how I am not married nor do I have a boyfriend, the chances of me getting pregnant are slim to none :)

1 comment:

  1. You can't get anyone pregnant?! HAHA! This one would be a tough decision. In your case I think you would be making a smart decision for you and the baby! Keith and I have talked about adopting too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥