Friday, February 25, 2011

No one REALLY likes sitting at home...

I think I'm trying to do too much too soon. But I promise I'm resting friends.

I'm sleeping a lot, the pain meds help that out.

But yesterday I had to go watch the baby brother play basketball. With my Christmas break being away from home, I only got to watch 2 or 3 games the entire season. And I don't get to come home very often because of money issues, and the fact that it's my senior year as well.

Since I am home and have nothing better to do, I went along with the rest of my family to watch Edith, MacKenzie, and Jacob play basketball. It's playoff season, and they're in the games to where if they lose, they're done for the season. Unfortunately, the twins (yes, Edith and MacKenzie are twins) lost their game. They should have had it, they went into the locker room at half time up by about 20 points and ended up losing by 10-11. It was sad. Kenzie and Edie came out crying, which I can understand but I also wanted them to remember that they have two more years before it is completely over.

Picture of the kids' mugs again
Jacob's team won by 8 points. They will be playing again today at 3. I want to be there for him because I wasn't there in football.

So with that being said, I will be going again today to watch the brother play basketball. I will probably be too tired again once I'm done, but at least the pain meds help me out.

And all you readers who are saying "Mal, get some rest!" I know. But I don't know what to do when I have nothing to do. I don't know how to rest 24/7. I promise though, I'm going to take the week off next week, no work out classes for me!

Plus, I want to be healthy for spring break that's coming up March 11. I've been planning on this trip for a couple years now.

If you are a storyteller, go join Lindsey's blog hop at TexaGermaNadian. I'm signed up!


9 comments:

  1. Hey love,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am so sorry that I didn't get on google talk the last two nights, but I will be sure to get on tonight. I work tonight so who knows if it will be busy or not.
    i hope that you have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just take care of YOU first and foremost. I won't go into details, but I had a horrible experience with my appendectomy because I didn't take care of myself after the fact. It was a long awful ordeal, and pain meds are great, but don't depend on them because pain is the only way the body has to communicate something is wrong! I'm hoping you'll be back to normal in no time at all though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first time visiting, thanks to texagermanadian:) I had to go back & read to find out what the heck happened ya...Appendix=brutal. I know, I don't have mine either:) Good luck to your bro at his bball game today (and sorry for the girls lose). You take it easy, girl:) Happy friday!
    mamasherri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I don't know how you would do it. I go crazy spending more than 2 hours at home! We just want to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are getting some rest!!! :-) I seriously wouldn't be able to rest 24/7 either. Well, I say that but I'm pretty exhausted these days lol! Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you're going to do fine, unlike me you're YOUNG lol!

    Honestly between the two blogs, I work on them about the same? I'm trying to get myself back into the swing of things since I used to post on both daily. I'd like to start doing that again soon, life just hasn't been wanting to cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problem. But, now that I have a toddler, there's no time for boredom. LOL. Thanks for stopping by.
    I'm a new follower. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Lala

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im just passing through.. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just came across your blog! it's fabulous! you have some great insight on your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥