Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Saturday adventures

Today wasn't very good.

I ate pancakes for lunch/breakfast (I didn't get out of bed until noon). We all got into the car and headed toward my brother's game. Once we were about halfway there, I was super nauseus. As soon as we got to the school, I got sick.

My brother's team lost by 6. They played their hears out, and I hurt myself yelling for them. It wasn't my fault, I wish you could have understood how terrible the officiating was.

At one point, my brother got headbutted in the chest and thrown to the ground, and because he tripped a guy dribbling to the other end, they called a foul on Jake. We were in double bonus, so #12 was supposed to shoot 2 free throws. At the other end, after a commotion mid-court, #21 lined up (he's their best shooter) and took the first shot. If you do this in a game, which is cheating, the team who sent the wrong person to the line is supposed to get a technical foul and only one shot. Neither happened, they let #12 go back to the line to take two. It was awful.

That was just the big thing they had problems with.

Losing sucks, but to lose like that is 10 x worse. I felt bad for the team.

I came back home and slept for 4 hours, and now I'm eating dinner before going back to sleep.

How were your Saturday adventures friends?

11 comments:

  1. Ugh! I hope you feel better soon!
    Meri
    merigoesround.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I hope you feel better. That's awful!
    I hate games like that! Hopefully, the next time they get to play that team they kick their butts.

    Feel better friend!
    Much love,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mallori! I'm visiting from FTLOB, I saw your feature there and a giant picture of Oklahoma and had to come visit! I'm from Oklahoma City and went to Putnam City Original and our mascot was the Pirates! Lol! Anyway, I live in Norman b/c my husband goes to OU and I will transfer there this fall! You look so darn familiar and I wish I could figure out why.

    I'm sorry you Saturday kinda turned bad, but that nap sounds awesome. This Satuday I went to Friends of Library at the State Fair Grounds, I see you are reading The Maze Runner so maybe you'll be interested --> It's in the Expo Hall from 9am-5pm and there is a crap ton of books and movies on sale for a dollar or LESS! Sunday is the last day! Hope you start feeling better! It's nice to meet an Oklahoman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a sweet sister for going and always supporting your brother...even just after surgery :) My Saturday was pretty boring, but then again, I like it that way! Wow, I am a loser, haha. Hope your Sunday is better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love breakfast for lunch cause you didn't get out of bed until noon kind of days :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry u didn't feel good babe! how horrible of that - i know it sucks.....that's too bad they couldn't get better officiators! i don't know exactly how it works but seems like they can talk to someone about it! life sucks sometimes, but look on the brighter side of everything! wishing y'all a better day and hope you feel better! xoxo

    btw: the banner looks fab on F & F;-) enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How disappointing, eh?! So awesome that you went out...but totally sucks about getting sick, nothing worse! Comment love day, so sending you lots of loooove:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree the nap sounds great! The throwing up, not so much. Did you at least feel better after you threw up?

    Competition is no fun when it's not fairly scored - not fun to play or watch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I saw your blog on TexaGermaNadian so thought I'd stop by! My Saturday was ... lame. We've been sick for a few days and the only time I got out of bed was to check the score of my husband's hockey game. Sorry to hear your brother's team lost :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weird... I wrote a humongo comment and it disappeared. ah well, sest layvee.

    Thanks for stopping by Mall! here's hoping you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love yours, I'm your newest reader :]

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥