Thursday, February 24, 2011

I have been blessed with so much more than I deserve

Follow my blog with bloglovin

I have never denied that I am blessed beyond measure. I haven't always known of how blessed I am, but as I am getting older I understand and prize my blessings more and more each day.

With that being said, if you ever want to find out how many people care about you, have something happen to you like an emergency appendectomy.

The house mother and Josalyn were stressed out trying to get me to the hospital. The roommate was so upset when she found out I had appendicitis that she couldn't go back to sleep, and it was roughly 4 in the morning after she had passed out from being so exhausted. I can't tell you how many people have called, texted, and written on my facebook wall since I went to the hospital on Sunday night. Even people who I've only thought of as people who are a little more than acquaintances have checked in with me almost daily to see how I am doing.

However, along with that you also have people who ask about you publicly, I guess to show others that they "care," but have never tried to contact me personally. These are people who I know have my number and who I thought were my friends. I guess that's part of what comes with it.

I can say though, that for those of you that have been calling/texting/e-mailing/tweeting/facebooking/skyping me to check in on me are amazing. I am blessed beyond measure to have each of you as my friend!

And yes, that even includes some of you blogging friends, as I have been getting get-well e-mails from some of you! My readers/bloggy friends are just as amazing and bless my life just as much as my real-life friends. Thank you all so much!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're feeling the love, Mallori. I can't imagine what you're going through - physically - but reading your post on the play-by-play had me cringing for you. I hope that you are recovering nicely and that you're doing ok pain-wise.

    Take good care of yourself and remember to take it easy! Healing takes time!

    xo
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what an ordeal! I will NEVER forget that when I had it! Ugh! I sure hope you're feeling better VERY soon and recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!!!!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers - Remember that you are stronger than the pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello--found you on fab friend fridays at FTLOB! Hope you will check out our blog too!
    -tiffanie
    http://jetsettingdivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Angie: It was nice to have everyone show their support. I definitely wasn't expecting it.

    @Donna: It's definitely not something I want to do again. I am feeling a lot better, just sore!

    @KY: Thanks for thinking of me! I appreciate all the prayers.

    @Mollie: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥