Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Letters - a blog hop

via scenic glory
So, I no longer have the 30 Days of Truth meme to do daily. I think I might have forgotten how to blog. So I figured, what better way to "jump back into blogging" than to participate in the "Love Letters" that is being co-hosted by scenic glory and For the Love of Blogs? (warning, this is my attempt at being a little humorous)

Dear cold medicine,

Honestly, you have been my savior today. I woke up this morning definitely NOT feeling like P.Diddy, and instead feeling like death's ass. I couldn't breathe, I had a sore throat, and my nose would not stop running. That is definitely not attractive, especially at 7:30 in the morning.

This cold took me out and made me have to miss my second class of the day, but you were waiting patiently for me to return home and ingest you. I was running a fever at that point, and the acetaminophen within your tiny capsules helped relieve that fever.

Once I woke up from my nap, you made me feel well enough to be starving, but without you I probably wouldn't have eaten.

I'm very sorry that I went to spin class and made every ounce of progress you made on getting me better disappear. And thank you for being there when I returned from spin class, patiently waiting for me to ingest you again.

Can you help me out tonight when I attempt to play basketball? We barely have enough people to play, and I'm really needed for the team.

Love,
Mallori

11 comments:

  1. I have always preferred funny love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love this!! best love letter ever. i think i wrote one similar to this a few weeks ago :) xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I remember playing basketball when I was sick and nearly drugged up. Please go to bed afterwards! I'm not there to take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so sorry you're not feeling well, Mal! Although I DO think that if you're feeling under the weather, you should be resting and not necessarily going to spin class or playing basketball...just sayin'. ;) That's just my motherly instinct kicking in, so feel free to tell me to shove it.

    Isn't it funny how we almost "forget" how to blog when we're not focusing on a theme (ie: your "30 Days of Truth" or my "29 Gifts"). I've already noticed that I spend waaaay less time on here than I did a month ago! Ah well...good writing can't be forced. :)

    Get well soon!


    xoxo
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEST. LOVE LETTER. EVER.
    So hilarious, I was crackin up the entire time!!! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there pretty lady- you won my giveaway! Email me your mailing details and I"ll send your chosen bracelet your way.
    Happy Valentines Day!
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  7. sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

    usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

    i hope it works on you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute stuff :)

    congrats on ur feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was cute!

    I hope you're feeling well :]
    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥