Sunday, February 20, 2011

I love weekends. Period.

So I have no classes on Fridays, which means I have a 3 day weekend every weekend. It's very nice for the weekends that I want to go home because I can head home on a Thursday afternoon and get to spend the entire 3 days at home.

This weekend would have been an excellent weekend to do just that. But being the good sister that I am, I made the 2 hour drive to home and back on Tuesday night so that I could make it to my baby brother's basketball senior night. I was almost in tears because I realized that my baby brother is graduating from high school this year. It just doesn't seem right.

So the trip home pretty much sucked all the money out of my bank account. Good grief I can't wait until I get my income tax return and my scholarship from the Choctaw nation. (Actually, I just checked my money account online and apparently my scholarship came in this week. So I can go pick it up Monday! YAY!)

Anyways, so because I am a lazy bum a senior and trying to get the most out of my last year as a college student, I decided that the fact that I wasn't going home wasn't going to ruin my weekend. I got some much needed rest on Thursday night/Friday morning by sleeping in. Then I got in a much needed 2 mile jog. But it killed me because I was still slightly sick. I had to stop to walk a couple of times because I just couldn't breathe.

Yesterday was baseball opening day for the Sooners. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a sports fan. I love all sports. I love watching competitions. I love the games that the crowd really gets into. I just love it all. Naturally, I went to opening day. I got there an hour and a half before it started to watch warm ups. I watched the boys kick butt. It made me miss being a manager for the 2006 pirate team, as I became good friends with so many of those boys in that season alone, including becoming best friends with Sean. But I digress.

We left the game a little early because I was helping keep score for the OU Women's gymnastics meet, and I needed to get some grub and change into business casual attire. If you've never been to a gymnastics meet, you really should go! I enjoy watching both sexes compete, they both have good things about them that are unique.

For the men, everything is all about power. Their tumbling routines are such high flips and stuff that I am amazed every time I watch! They also have the rings and high bar events that are pretty legit on their own. You get to see 6 events within one meet. For the women, everything is done with finesse. And they have the beam, which has always been one of my favorite events. You get to see 4 events within one meet.

Then to top off my evening last night, I went out for a much needed dancing night with my best friend Jos, and we hung out with all of our guy friends too. We got dressed up and went out. I saw my supervisors there and ended up hanging out with one of them all night. I probably should have stayed with Jos because the night was supposed to be for her and I.

Today I spent the first half of the day trying to recuperate from my very late night last night, then got fed by Sam at Crossroads, a restaurant on campus. I then drug her to the women's basketball game against Texas for the "Pack the Place Pink" night. We put a beating on Texas. Which is ALWAYS awesome! (If you aren't from this area of the country, then you will have NO idea how HUGE the OU/TX rivalry is.

I finished up the written portion of my Teach for America application, and tomorrow is more sports! Baseball at 11:30 a.m. (if I don't sleep later than that), followed by bedlam (OU vs OSU) wrestling, and then I have my Teach for America phone interview around 7! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. You love weekends, but definitely not restful for you! Glad you had a productive one, and really glad OU beat TX. Never been a big UT fan...or at all. Maybe that's why we get along so well :) Good luck in the interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I have a little girl so I can put her into gymnastics..I am so jealous of a gymnasts talent, flexibility and grace...and I grew up a dancer!!! Good luck with your Teach for America application, I am sending positive vibes your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how much you love sports- I am with you on that, but not near as enthusiastic as you seem to be;-) Good luck with your interview- you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a wonderful weekend, full of all the great things universities have to offer :)

    Good luck on your interview!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥