Monday, February 7, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 24

Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just put song titles and artists and a letter.)


Today's truth comes along with a little anonymity. If you are my friend, you KNOW I love making mixed CDs, and that I put a lot of time and effort and thinking into each of the songs I add to the playlist. Also, because I enjoy making playlists, today's playlist isn't toward any of you that I call my closest friends (I couldn't pick just one of you!). I will explain after the songs why I made it for this person.


The playlist:
  1. You Make me Smile - Uncle Kracker
  2. Beautiful - Akon
  3. Sexy Can I - Ray J
  4. Just a Friend - Mario
  5. Fallin' for You - Colbie Caillat
  6. My Paper Heart - All American Rejects
  7. In my Head - Jason Derulo
  8. Beautiful Disaster - Kelly Clarkson
  9. Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg
  10. Disappear - Hoobastank
  11. Here in Your Arms - Hellogoodbye (this has significance with "I like / where we are / when we drive / in your car")
  12. Your Guardian Angel - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
  13. Just the Way You Are - Bruno Mars
  14. Anything but Mine - Kenny Chesney
  15. You Belong with Me - Taylor Swift
  16. Your Love is my Drug - Ke$ha
    and finally, what is a mixed CD/playlist that doesn't include my favorite:
  17. I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness



The letter:
Dear JJ,

You will find a list of songs above that say a lot of the words that I haven't been able to. We have had classes together for about 2 years now, and I have always thought you were super nice. But something happened last semester. You were more kind in ways than I could have ever imagined, and you let me cry to you (without making fun of me) when I told you about that incident (that I mentioned in Day 04). Unfortunately, I will never give you this playlist, or tell you that I am in love with your smile, your bantering back and forth with me, or that I think you're a beautifully amazing person because of one tiny little fact: You have a girlfriend that you care about deeply. PLUS, I don't want to make our friendship awkward because even though I want something more right now, I truly cherish the relationship that has grown between us just in the past 5 months or so.

I can't wait to work on our group project together this semester, and can't wait to walk across that platform stage with you in May. I hope you bring someone else as much friendship love as you've brought me, and I hope we stay in touch once we no longer have classes together. I know that once you get into PT school, you'll make a good Physical Therapist because you've been there.

Stay strong, stay positive, and always smile :)
-Mal

2 comments:

  1. He sounds wonderful. And friend or something more you are lucky to have him in your life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heres my thoughts:
    I think he is a good person, he is capable of loving someone deeply. He may be a sweet kind and would love to show it to anyone he feels comfortable getting along with (which includes you).
    my advice, stay friends with him, just friends. by that you can keep him longer in the relationship, and win his heart over by not being a pusher.
    I hope you'll have a wonderful time..

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥