Today's truth comes along with a little anonymity. If you are my friend, you KNOW I love making mixed CDs, and that I put a lot of time and effort and thinking into each of the songs I add to the playlist. Also, because I enjoy making playlists, today's playlist isn't toward any of you that I call my closest friends (I couldn't pick just one of you!). I will explain after the songs why I made it for this person.
- You Make me Smile - Uncle Kracker
- Beautiful - Akon
- Sexy Can I - Ray J
- Just a Friend - Mario
- Fallin' for You - Colbie Caillat
- My Paper Heart - All American Rejects
- In my Head - Jason Derulo
- Beautiful Disaster - Kelly Clarkson
- Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg
- Disappear - Hoobastank
- Here in Your Arms - Hellogoodbye (this has significance with "I like / where we are / when we drive / in your car")
- Your Guardian Angel - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- Just the Way You Are - Bruno Mars
- Anything but Mine - Kenny Chesney
- You Belong with Me - Taylor Swift
- Your Love is my Drug - Ke$ha
and finally, what is a mixed CD/playlist that doesn't include my favorite:
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness
You will find a list of songs above that say a lot of the words that I haven't been able to. We have had classes together for about 2 years now, and I have always thought you were super nice. But something happened last semester. You were more kind in ways than I could have ever imagined, and you let me cry to you (without making fun of me) when I told you about that incident (that I mentioned in Day 04). Unfortunately, I will never give you this playlist, or tell you that I am in love with your smile, your bantering back and forth with me, or that I think you're a beautifully amazing person because of one tiny little fact: You have a girlfriend that you care about deeply. PLUS, I don't want to make our friendship awkward because even though I want something more right now, I truly cherish the relationship that has grown between us just in the past 5 months or so.
I can't wait to work on our group project together this semester, and can't wait to walk across that platform stage with you in May. I hope you bring someone else as much friendship love as you've brought me, and I hope we stay in touch once we no longer have classes together. I know that once you get into PT school, you'll make a good Physical Therapist because you've been there.
Stay strong, stay positive, and always smile :)