Sunday, January 16, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 02

Day 02: Something You Love About Yourself

I couldn't believe how difficult today's topic was either. I will admit right now, that you wouldn't believe how much my self-love and self-confidence has boosted, even just in the past year alone. Each and every day, I'm learning to love things about myself more and more. I didn't want to make this list go on and on and on, so I've narrowed it down to a few things again:
  • This makes me laugh to think that this was on the list, but I freaking love my hair. Not just the style, but my hair itself. It is naturally curly, but not so curly that it doesn't mind me when I straighten it. In the summer (when it isn't dyed), it takes in sun so well that my natural highlights can be pretty. I get hints of red and blonde all over. It's so manageable that I couldn't have asked for a better head of hair.
  • I love how tall I am. When I was in high school, I absolutely hated it because I was taller than most guys at school. I've even grown two more inches since graduating, and I truly love my height. It makes it easy to go out without heels on, and a majority of time I'm still taller than my friends when I do! The only thing I don't like about being tall is that it makes me command attention on the occasions that I do decide to wear heels. (I'm the type of person that would rather do behind-the-scenes type of stuff.) [And in case you were wondering, I stand at a whopping 5'10.5"]
  • I love that I am comfortable enough to speak my mind on things that I feel are important. This even pertains to speaking my mind when it comes to friends. Too many times, I let people walk all over me like a welcome mat. Now I can honestly say that if I have a strong enough conviction for something or someone, I have no problem describing to you why it (or that person) is important to me.
  • I love how passionate and driven I can be. I know this seems to contradict yesterday's post a little, but I typically go after things that I think will make me happy. Sometimes it requires too much attention and I get tired of putting so much energy into things (which is where I sell myself short). But I am so happy that I challenged myself to complete my Bachelor's with a MINIMUM of a 3.0 GPA, and I'm going to do it.
  • I love that my general outlook is the happiest it's ever been in my life. I don't know why I was so unhappy when I was younger. I've never had a rough life, and my mom, grandma, and two aunts have sacrificed so much for me to have a good life. I understand that now. And honestly, I'm so happy with my life partly because of YOU (yes, all my readers). If it weren't for y'all constantly encouraging me, I wouldn't want to write every day. And, I honestly have the best friends ever. And the best family ever. You all freakin' rock!
So that's it, a touch on some of the things I love about myself :)

Thank you for letting me expose part of myself with you, and for letting me be a little vulnerable today.

2 comments:

  1. i like this post!!!
    so happy to hear how confident and happy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your question on formspring! as simple as it was it really made me think :) love the idea for this blog post! can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥