Friday, January 7, 2011

Phoenix Relaxation is Just What I Love!

Yesterday, I played Lego Harry Potter all afternoon after Erika went back to work from lunch. Did I mention I was addicted to the game? Oh yeah, I did. My bad. So once Erika and Matt got home from work, Erika joined me on the Wii whil Matt and Brandin got ready for a basketball game. We played the Wii until the end of the first stage of Year 4 on HP, and then Erika treated me to this place for dinner:
HOLY AMAZING! I really wish that we had these around Oklahoma. I had the Baja Burrito, and the tortilla on it was just AMAZING. I don't even know how to accurately describe it. I wasn't too crazy about any of the salsas, but they weren't bad. They were just okay.

Upon our return from our adventure to Baja Fresh, we watched Grey's Anatomy (well, I watched bits and pieces of it) and then episode after episode of Jersey Shore. Erika and Matt went to bed just before the season premiere, and then I stayed up and read until I was tired. I ended up reading in the living room by myself until almost 1 a.m., and I still wasn't too tired. I definitely felt it this morning.

My intentions for this morning were to get up at 8:30 and go for a little run around downtown Phoenix, to see the town for myself a bit and to get a run in. It's been far too long since I've ran, and quite frankly, I miss running. Well, when my alarm went off, I could not open my eyes, so it took me a minute to hit snooze. After hitting snooze for about 20 minutes, I finally turned it off and reset my alarm. After FINALLY prying myself out of bed at 9:30, I knew I wouldn't have enough time to go for a run and then shower and be completely ready before meeting Erika and Jen for lunch at noon. So I sat up, read about 10 pages in Harry Potter 7 (to the end of the chapter), and then hopped in the shower to try to wake myself up more. I did eventually wake up, but I've been feeling groggy all day.

Erika, Jen, and I ate at a place called Coach & Willie's, and it was a couple blocks away from where both of them work (Jen works for the Phoenix Suns/Mercury). The three of us had a fun little lunch together, talking about the things that were on SportsCenter, and some coworkers of theirs. Now I'm just relaxing back at the apartment, doing some laundry, and will be getting into some Lego HP again soon :)

On the agenda for this weekend: relax, go out, and begin my trek back to Oklahoma.
Happy Friday everyone, and I hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about Baja Fresh before and wanted to try it--sounds tasty :-)

    Have a safe trip home and hug my Chubby Bunny for me! So glad you've gotten a nice, long visit!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥