Sunday, January 2, 2011

ahh to New Beginnings . . .

How do I even begin to update everyone on the amazing things that have been going on in my life?!

On Thursday, I got up to complete the second part of my trip to Phoenix for the Fiesta Bowl. I didn't have much of a drive left, and my friend that I was staying with wasn't arriving in Phoenix until almost 9 p.m. I decided to make a pit stop in Tombstone, AZ. If you know nothing about Tombstone, you should look it up and watch the movie "Tombstone." It's a really neat little town that is a lot of fun! Unfortunately, I got there just after they started their last carriage tour, so I didn't get to do that. I basically just walked around for a couple hours after I ate lunch at Big Nose Kate's Saloon. I then went and visited Boothill Cemetery. It's famous for burying a lot of outlaws from Tombstone in it. Again, a really neat little thing.

However, on  my way to Tombstone, I hit a little bout of bad weather. I am completely safe, but at the time it was so freaking scary. I was going about 30 mph under the speed limit because the snow was falling pretty heavily, so naturally I was in the right lane. An 18-wheeler sped past me going probably the speed limit and shot a whole bunch of snow onto my windshield. Because my vision was blocked so badly, I hit a slick spot and started to slide all over the interstate. I ended up doing a couple circles over the left lane and onto the median. Naturally, I was completely freaked out and crying, but I am safe, the car is safe, and I am alive :)

With that aside, once I started making my way to Phoenix from Tombstone again, it was all sunshine the whole way in. I typed Erika's address into my GPS, and it took me to an apartment complex that definitely was not her apartment. SO WEIRD. But once I finally found my way to the correct apartment, I got to hang out with one of Erika's friends because her flight was delayed about an hour. This friend graduated from The University of Connecticut, and we watched the end of the UConn/Stanford game. Needless to say, she wasn't happy about the end of that game. Congrats to the Huskies for having such a great run though. Phenomenal.

I can't even begin to describe the epic-ness of New Year's Eve. I spent the entire evening with my big and best friend. We drank, we danced, we rang in the new year, we lost each other, we had a DAMN good time.  I wish I could tell you EVERYTHING, but some things are better left as a memory :) I will let you know that while we were dancing, a beautiful man kissed me. But it was only a kiss, gotta keep it classy!

Then last night, I got to cheer on my Sooners for their first BCS Bowl victory to snap a 5 bowl losing streak. I had probably some of THE MOST amazing seats you could imagine. I sat in the Connecticut end zone ON THE THIRD ROW. I had SO MUCH FUN. I can't even begin to describe how amazing the game was! I also realized today that every Sooner game I went to for the 2010 season was a Sooner victory. So thank you to my Sooners, and a shout-out to Demarco Murray for winning the Fiesta Bowl like he told me he would :D

I just love new beginnings, and what better way to start 2011 off than with old/best (Erika) and new friends AND a Sooner victory? Sounds like 2011 is going to be even more epic than 2010 was, and I thought 2010 was pretty intense!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so glad that I stopped and took a momment to read your blog. You have great writing skills and make your stories so interesting!!! Will check in every once in a while and see if there is anything new. If you would like you can look in on my blog. www.debidesview.blogspot.com
    Blessings for a new year.

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥