Sunday, January 23, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 09

Day 09: Someone you didn't want to let go, but just drifted.


This one is SO EASY.
There was this girl that I played softball with. She moved into Sperry and started playing basketball for the school and also for my summer league softball team when she was in 8th grade, I was in 7th. She and I became SO close! She was Hispanic, and we would say we were each others' "Brown Sista." Once she moved up to high school, she lost her passion for softball. That was when the beginning of us drifting started.

A couple years later, Her parents that I had known and loved decided to get a divorce. It was something that happened between them and not really my place to say, but the girl was moving to Texas with her mom (she ended up graduating from Magnolia High School I believe). I knew she and I weren't as close anymore, but she left without telling me goodbye. Her mom told me goodbye, but she didn't. I was hurt. I was angry. I was upset. I felt like she didn't value our friendship as much as I had.

This girl's name is Elise. I have forgiven  her since then, and she has apologized for her actions. I believe she still lives in Texas, and we are still in contact with each other. I have her home phone number, I know a teensy tiny bit about her husband and two children, and we are friends on facebook. I wish the relationship were a little different, but she and I are in two completely different worlds. I wish I could say that I still knew her well, but for the most part, she's a girl who used to be my best friend and Brown Sista. I miss her very much. In fact, I think I will call her tomorrow. . .

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how things/relationships work out like this huh?

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥