Wednesday, January 12, 2011

a little earlier than my usual time

So I decided today that I would write a little earlier than my usual time. I haven't been awake for very long, but no judging! I'm still on Christmas break so I'm allowed to sleep in until 11 if I want to! Once I got my lazy bum out of bed, I hopped in the shower and decided while I was in the shower that I was going to get a hair cut this week before I go back to school.

I called my hair lady (Amber) and they had an appointment cancellation at 1. So I got my hair cut today! Once I finished there, I headed over to my friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart to pick up a copy of The Hunger Games per recommendation from my friend Sam at Love Never Fails. She recommended the series to me, along with other books a few weeks ago when I asked for some advice on new books on this post. Even though The Hunger Games is still technically considered a pre-teen novel (I found it in the "Young Readers" section), it is nice to have a new trio of books to get excited about. Thanks for the recommendations Sam! You're a life saver!

This morning, while updating my life with everything going on in the twitter world, I was directed to a neat little article about some weird laws that I think are still in effect today. (I can't really tell if it's saying they used to be laws or not.) I especially like the law about the wildlife. So go visit koco.com's article and have a good little chuckle like I did :)

And now some photos for your viewing pleasure!
I'm not so creative at showing off my new book
The "new" hair cut, that is basically the same style as it has been for two years
The thing I love most about getting my hair cut? The hour or so I get to talk to my hairdresser and catch up on each other's lives. She's a very neat lady who has been cutting my hair since I was in the 6th grade, and I love hearing about her two children and I love her encouraging me in following my dreams!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥