Saturday, January 22, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 08

Day 08: Someone Who Made Your Life Hell, or Treated You Like Shit
WARNING: This post has a lot of cuss words because I am not educated enough to substitute the inappropriate words


If you know anything about me, you'll know that I absolutely HATE AND LOATHE drama. I hate and loathe it so much that I almost considered completely skipping over this truth and making up my own. What I truly have to say will hurt some people and will cause unnecessary drama, and it's not really anything I want to start. I guess I will start from what I can remember of the beginning . . .

I moved back to Sperry in the second grade from Southeast Oklahoma. Naturally, I got a lot of attention from a lot of people because I was the new girl (it always happens because Sperry is so small). I was just coming off of participating in an after-school gymnastics program for a year and a half and was very upset that Sperry didn't offer anything like it.

Once I started third grade, my aunts convinced to me try out playing softball. I signed up for a rec team that had a lot of girls in my grade on it. The next thing I know, I am best friends with four girls: Amanda, Whitney, Danielle, and Jessie. It took me a little longer to become friends with Whitney because she was in the grade below us, and she was super girlie. (You'd think with me being in gymnastics I would be somewhat girlie, but I was a tomboy for most of my elementary years.) The 5 of us began doing EVERYTHING together: softball, basketball, sleep overs, classes; we were just constantly a part of each other's lives. Naturally, their families became my families, and my family became theirs. I thought I had the best friends in the world.

Once we got a little older, girls started being girls. We started arguing, I started crying on a pretty regular basis, and I even began questioning if they were my friends at all. I thought they were starting to use me to be close with my family, because my family was very generous with our summer league softball team. My junior year in high school, I wanted to quit basketball (the love of my sports life) in order to get away from all the bitchy bull shit drama.

Not all 4 girls made my life hell, just 3 of the 4. But what pissed me off so much about the 4th girl is that even though she was not doing the things the others were doing to hurt me, she was still letting them happen. The problem with this 4th girl is that she is one of the nicest people I've ever met, and she never wanted to upset anyone. So when the 3 ganged up on me, she just kind of fell by the wayside and pretended like nothing was happening.

I stopped hanging out with them my senior year. I had decided enough was enough, and I couldn't wait to graduate to get away from them. Instead, I spent all of my time with my friend Casey, my brother Jared and his friend Sarah, and my then-boyfriend Bobby. I began spending my weekends at Casey and Bobby's friend Andrew's, and probably honestly had more fun there than I could have ever imagined. The best thing about it all is that Casey and Bobby's grade were close enough that they hardly ever pulled the crap that was being thrown at me. They all welcomed me into open arms.

I'm not saying senior year was cake once I quit hanging with these girls. OH NO, that would be a HUGE understatement. I had another boyfriend the first half of the school year and the break up was a mess, I hurt too many people when I decided that I did in fact still like Bobby, I made a dumb decision and bruised all of the muscles in my abdomen, I received 500 thousand types of hell when it came to getting basketball homecoming queen, and I got my heart broken by a guy best friend who stood me up to prom. My mom even had to miss my basketball senior night because she was sick with the flu. But being around a completely different crowd, being around my brother for the most part, made it a tad more bearable.

My relationship with these 4 girls are not the same as it was when we were in high school. The circumstances have completely changed, and my relationships with all 4 of them are different. I think that comes with being semi-adults. 2 of the 4 are married with at least one child (and I'm the godmother for one of them), 1 of the 4 has been in a serious relationship with a guy I graduated with since she was a senior in high school, and the last 1 of the 4 and I are even considering moving in together once we both graduate and get decent stable jobs. But for the years that we were around each other 24/7, they made my life a miserable hell.

1 comment:

  1. Girl drama sucks. LOL. Drama in general sucks but sometimes girls can be the worst about it. I can't stand it. I had more guy friends than girl friends most of the time growing up because of this very reason. I'm glad to hear that you were able to rekindle the friendships and they are different now, instead of how they were in high school!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥